Learn field hockey AND have fun!
Head Coach Jen Averill and the Wake Forest University field hockey coaching staff and team will be hosting the 12th annual Weed Whackers Program in the spring of 2017. Weed Whackers is a FREE fun and interactive program intended for youth ages 4-12 years (Pre-K through 6th grade), and is designed to introduce boys and girls to the sport of Field Hockey and team play.
“Whether you are new to the sport or returning for another season, we are excited to share our knowledge and passion for our sport. Our mission is to provide young girls & boys the opportunity to have fun and be engaged with our student athletes. This experience has the ability to ignite the spirit of any young individual.”
– Jen Averill, WFU Head Field Hockey Coach
SPRING 2017 PROGRAM
Thursdays: February 16 – April 13 (no session on March 9) – 5:30-6:30pm @Kentner Stadium
The first session will be held on Thursday, February 16 and end on Thursday, April 13, 2017. All 8 sessions will be held on Thursday nights from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Kentner Stadium on the Wake Forest University campus. (No session on March 9 due to Spring Break). The last session will include a pizza party and play time.
Program Coordinator: Karen Simon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Spring 2017 Weed Whackers Program is FULL! No new registrations are being accepted at this time.
Please sign up for our Camp Email List to be notified of future programs.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- REQUIRED: Liability Release Form (Print form, complete and bring to first session)
- Shin guards (mandatory)
- Tennis shoes (mandatory) – NO CLEATS
- Mouth guard (optional, but recommended)
- Water bottle
- Field hockey stick (see below)
- You will be able to order your sticks when you register on-line. EACH NEW STICK WILL COST BETWEEN $16-$20. USED STICKS will be available on a first come, first served basis, at a cost of $10.00. PLEASE BRING CASH ONLY ON START DATE (February 16).
- Please dress your kids appropriately, as it will most likely be cold!
- Sessions will be cancelled IF weather is 40 degrees or colder. I will send an email to everyone THAT DAY regarding cancellation. It will also be posted on the Weed Whacker website.
END OF YEAR PIZZA PARTY:
- Thursday, April 13 at 5:30 p.m. Please email if interested in sponsoring the party; otherwise each family is asked to donate $5.